The Akron Guarantee Scholarship for transfer students
Transfer to Akron and you may be eligible for an initial scholarship award of up to $2,000. It grows from there as you earn credits!
If you are an entering, domestic transfer student, and you are pursuing a bachelor's degree, you may receive the Akron Guarantee Scholarship for up to six consecutive fall and spring semesters — OR — until a bachelor’s degree is conferred — whichever comes first.
Who is eligible?
- You are eligible if you wish to transfer to The University of Akron with at least 12 semester credit hours, but not more than 90 semester credit hours, from another regionally accredited college or university and if you have achieved a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- You are eligible if you previously attended UA, you are returning as a transfer student, and you otherwise meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s program on our Main Campus and continue in good academic standing.
Your initial award will be determined by your college GPA:
- A GPA of 3.5 or higher earns an award of $2,000
- A GPA of 3.25 to 3.49 earns an award of $1,500
- A GPA of 3.0 to 3.249 earns an award of $1,000
Your scholarship increases as you earn credits
At the end of the academic year, your progress will be evaluated to determine an increase in your scholarship.
Increases will occur once a year at the end of the spring semester, based on the number of credit hours earned, including transfer credits.
|Total credits earned (UA and transfer credits)||Increase|
|When you earn between 30-59 credit hours||$1,500|
|When you earn between 60-89 credit hours||$1,000|
|When you earn 90 or more credit hours||$1,000|
|When do you want to start?||Submit your application by:||Submit your transcript, application fee and other required items by this date:||Pay the $145 confirmation fee by this date:|
|Spring semester (January)||Nov. 15||Dec. 1||Dec. 15|
|Summer (June)||April 15||May 1||May 15|
|Fall semester (August)||June 15||July 1||July 15|